Lat : 48 54 20 N
Long : 004 21 10 E
Frequency : 118.975 MHz
The airfield was built in 1938 as a 'military rescue airfield' and rented to the Ailes chalonnaises. The use being restricted to the airclub airplanes only.
During the WWII, the airfield was successively used by the British and German air forces.
On December 21, 1946, the airfield was transferred to the Ministry of Transport and entered the public domain. It will be open to gliding on February 6, 1947 (source : www.anciens-aerodromes.com).
In 2015, Airbus selected Chalons-Ecury to complete the A400M certification tests.